Long time, no blog:) We have not had to long line Prophecy for at least a month, instead her lessons consist of actual riding! She has been keeping her calm demeanor even when her trotting time has been increasing and more is being asked of her. Charlene gets on and goes through new ideas with her, then I mount up and work on feeling when things are right, or when she needs a tweak of inside rein, outside leg, etc. Keeping her attention is still main priority. So we practice many circles, keeping her soft and pliant through corners and on the aids. When she goes straight, she is not quite marching, but she is feeling even.
Just as I feel we hit a training plateau, Prophecy turned this amazing corner. I am already visualizing us in local shows, though I know that is still a long way off.
Aside from training, it is the usual: bathing her itchies away, conditioning her to scary things like plastic bags, and the like. Ooh, her bowing is starting to really come together too! Tapping on her front left leg with the dressage whip gets her to pick up her foot. This behavior will be joined with her bowing behavior to enable her to bow on command with an easy cue. Excellent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment