Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lesson In Patience

Prophecy is definitely in season. That, along with the sub zero temperatures (author of blog reserves the right to exaggerate freely), made for a distracted Prophecy. Charlene did basic ground driving, then mounted and walked around. Prophecy was so distracted at one point, I was debating if I should warn Charlene of a possible blow up. Of course Charlene was aware of that too, and simply worked on a good halt and dismounted. She did a little more ground work, and it was clear Prophecy was staring at every horse she could, looking for an excuse to spook. Once she cooperated, we moved on to bowing.

Prophecy is rocking the bowing! Today she really did it, rested her leg and face (covered in white sand). Now we work on holding the position and then I guess doing it with lighter and lighter cues.

No comments: